Monday, April 03, 2006

Two Men and a Bible

When I went to the History Room, I learned that Granddaddy Moore had two favorite Bible verses. The first was from the Sermon on the Mount:

Seek ye first the kingdom of the Lord and his righteousness
and all these things shall be added unto you.
Matthew 6:33

The second, from my version of the Bible (since I don't have a King James), is

he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for power is made perfect in weakness."
So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses,
so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

II Corinthians 12:9

In his life and in his preaching, Granddaddy put God first.

I learned today that Dad had favorite Bible verses as well. Buried in the trunks were two pieces of paper, neatly written in different colors of marker. The holes in them indicated that they had hung on a wall somewhere. Compared to all the other pencil-covered scraps, these were practically plaques. Here they are:

That's my dad.

1 comment:

Robin Dreyer said...

That's intense--and amazing.

Robin