Saturday, February 18, 2006

History Room II


Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child must work for a living,
But the child that's born on the Sabbath day,
Is fair and wise and good and gay.

I don't know about all that, but I was born on a Sunday. Here's a picture that Grandaddy took of my two-day-old self, smiling in my grandmama's arms:


And here's something I learned from the church bulletins on file in the History Room:

On the day I was born in 1966, Walter Moore preached on Genesis 26:12-22. (Feel free to look it up. I did.) The title of the sermon was "Fresh Water from Old Wells."

Sounds like a pretty good book title, doesn't it?

No comments: